sealheader

The Official Evans County Website

courthouse

 

Evans County

Evans county was established from the counties of Bulloch and Tattnall on August 11, 1914, by Act of the Georgia General Assembly. The county was named for General Clement Anselm Evans, a lawyer who graduated from the Law School of Augusta, Georgia. He was in the Georgia State Senate in 1859, and served in the Confederate Army through the War Between The States. He was acting Brigadier Major-General in the Army of Northern Virginia at the time of Lee’s surrender. He was an author as well as an eminent Methodist minister.

mapclaxton

 

Evans County Board of Commisioners
# 3 Freeman Street
Claxton GA 30417
Phone: (912)-739-1141
Fax: (912)-739-0111

 

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | ©2006 bobswebdesigns.com